Works : Islamic Laws
1666. Certain things are Makrooh for a person observing fast, some of them are mentioned below:
- Using eyedrops and applying Surma if its taste or smell reaches the throat.
- Performing an act, which causes weakness, like blood-letting (extracting the blood from the body) or going for hot bath.
- Inhaling a snuff if one is not aware that it might reach the throat; and if one is aware that it will reach the throat its use is not permissible.
- Smelling fragrant herbs.
- For women, to sit in the water.
- Using suppository, that is, letting into rectum a stimulant for bowels.
- Wetting the dress which one is wearing.
- Getting a tooth extracted or doing something as a result of which there is bleeding in the mouth.
- Cleaning the teeth with a wet toothbrush.
- Putting water or any other liquid in the mouth without a good cause.
It is also Makrooh for a fasting person to court or woo his wife without the intention of ejaculation; or to do something which excites him sexually. And if he does it with the intention of ejaculation, and no ejaculation takes place, his fast, as an obligatory precaution, will be deemed void.