Works : Islamic Laws
< Obligatory baths (Ghusl) » Rules regarding Janabat|Index|Obligatory baths (Ghusl) » Things which are Makrooh for Junub >
361. The following five things are Haraam for junub:
- To touch with any part of one's body the script of the holy Qur'an or theName of Almighty Allah in whichever language it may be. And it is better thatthe names of the holy Prophet and Imams and Hazrat Fatima Zahra (peace beupon them) should also not be touched in that condition.
- Entering Masjidul Haraam or Masjidun Nabi, even though it may be only passingfrom one gate and going out of another.
- To stay or halt in all other Masjids, and similarly, on the basis of obligatoryprecaution, to stay in the shrines of the holy Imams. However, there is noharm if one crosses or traverses through a mosque, entering from one gateand exiting from another.
- To enter a mosque with an intention of lifting away something or placingsomething in it.
- To recite those verses of the holy Qur'an on the recitation of which performanceof Sajdah becomes obligatory. These verses occur in four surahs of the holyQur'an:
- Surah Alif Lam Mim as-Sajdah, 32:15
- Surah Ha Mim Sajdah, 41:38
- Surah an-Najm, 53:62
- Surah al 'Alaq, 96:19